Back End Developer
What you'll get up to
- Collaborating with Front End Developers and Designers to build out features.
- You will assist with application optimisation, through SEO and CRO. In addition, you’ll provide internal support across the business through Helpdesk software and the testing of applications with user feedback.
- We have a lot of in-house ‘stuff’ to get your head around, but we will help you with that.
What we're looking for
- You will have a firm grasp of PHP, an understanding of MVC architectures, and strong knowledge of SQL alongside experience of Git, SVN or similar version control systems, and previous project experience
- We’d love to see somebody with a genuine passion within this area; maybe you’ve done some development outside of work and have your own portfolio?
- You won’t be afraid of learning new things, but more importantly actually trying them as opposed to sticking with what is familiar or comfortable.
- If you have experience in Laravel, Linux, or AWS/Azure – even better!
Your responsibilities will include
- Supporting the Development and Design Team to build out features.
- Project work, and overseeing those projects from start to finish.
- Application optimisation, through performance monitoring and unit testing.
- Supporting the wider business with internal support, through helpdesk software.
- Testing Applications with user feedback.
Hours & salary
- Start Date: November 2020
- Working hours: 40 hours per week
- Location: Option to work flexibly between home and Stoke-on-Trent office
- Salary: £32,000 - £38,000 Per Annum (DOE)
Monday – Friday. Flexible hours.
Direct Applicants only. Please send your CV and Cover Letter, along with some examples of your portfolio.
Educationals/Familiarisation trips, or loosely called "fam" trips can be a great learning tool for travel professionals. There is no better way of learning about a destination than experiencing it for yourself. We encourage all our colleagues to experience as many different countries as possible to ensure that as a business we are constantly expanding our knowledge base. Educationals do usually involve a lot of hard work, but can be extremely rewarding and worthwhile and an awful lot of fun.×
We value the contribution of all of our colleagues and are delighted that we have such a loyal workforce supporting us as we grow from strength to strength. We are pleased that so many have been with us from the very early stages and so we want to reward our colleagues for their contribution, as we recognise the pivotal role they play in making the Company a successful business.×