Set in the hilltop in the heart of Barbados’ lush tropical gardens is a chilled-out hideaway, Sugar Cane Club Hotel & Spa. Famed on TripAdvisor as one of the best relaxation and spa retreats known to mankind, it certainly lives up to all expectation.
Let me walk you through my fast facts and top tips to fill you with exclusive intel on this Bajan escape.
• An intimate resort featuring just 45 suites.
• Home to one of Barbados’ leading spas, offering a wide range of treatments using local products as well as leading brands.
• Sugar Cane Club Hotel & Spa has its own fully air-conditioned squash court.
• An adults-only resort, welcoming teenagers from 14 years.
• The owner’s wife is an accomplished artist and her work, as well as that of other local artists, is on display and available to purchase at the Sugar Cane Club Hotel & Spa’s art gallery, the Frangipani Art Gallery.
• Sandy’s Chattel Bar Restaurant offers an authentic Bajan á la carte dining experience in a breath-taking location up in the tree tops on the side of the gully.
• Enjoy the use of a spacious air-conditioned departure lounge on the day of your departure or throughout your stay.
• Make the most of the computer with internet access, available for online flight check-ins and printing boarding passes.
• Want to be near the pool? Request the Ginger Lilly Suite. It has its own terrace that leads onto the pool deck giving you a private poolside area.
• If you’re a fan of all things nature, rise early at first light to see the playful wild Green Monkeys enjoying a run around the main pool.
• Head to the smaller quieter pool at the Spa for a quiet corner to laze in the sunshine.
• Sugar Cane Club Hotel & Spa is a peaceful and chilled out hotel, so if you find yourself craving some nightlife, venture out to Speightstown or Holetown both just a short cab ride away.
• Set on the hilltop, feature your eye-parts on the lush tropical gardens or grab the regular complimentary shuttle for a slice of the beach life.
• For an authentic insight into the local flora and fauna take the on-property Gully Walk with Rodney the Head Gardener. You may even see the monkeys again.
Take an inside look into the Gully Walk right here with this video insight.
If you’d like to check out Sugar Cane Club Hotel & Spa for yourself, push on the funky orange button, or chat to us in the comments below.